Long before the government became involved in providing education for everyone in our country, the Church of England had a vision that it wanted every parish to have a school for the education of poor children. Garsington CE Primary School was built in 1840.
This is the original Garsington CE Primary School.
The school moved to its current site for the older children in 1977 and the younger children followed in 1984 and has expanded to take up to 210 pupils.
It is still a Church of England school. Garsington is a voluntary controlled (VC) school. As is common for VC schools, the church owns the land on which the school is built, but does not contribute financially to the running of the school. The church is represented on the school governing board by foundation governors who represent up to one quarter of the total number of governors.
The Infant School say farewell to their old school in 1984.