All the governors and staff at Garsington strive to keep children safe by:
• providing a safe environment for them to learn
• identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting
• preventing unsuitable people from working with the children
• promoting safe practice and to challenge any poor or unsafe practice
• identifying instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
• contributing to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children.
All staff follow the Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance published regularly by the DfE. The latest version can be found in the safeguarding section of our policies and procedures.
Safeguarding is everyone's business so do report any worries or concerns you have.
If you have any concerns about the welfare or safety of a child please contact the school's Designated Safeguarding & Child Protection Lead, Zara d'Archambaud (the Headteacher) or Kim Guiry, Inclusion Manager. You can also contact Penelope Woolf, Safeguarding Governor. Tel 01865 361263.
Or call Oxfordshire County Council Central MASH Team 0345 050 7666.
The LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) is Alison Beasley 01865 810603.
Prevent is part of the Government's counter terrorism strategy and schools now have a responsibility to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. Visit our Prevent page to find out more.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
The latest version of our policy, which must be reviewed and updated at least every 12 months, and other school policies linked to Safeguarding can be found in the safeguarding section of our policies and procedures page.
All teaching and support school staff have up-to-date Generalist Safeguarding Training. Our Safeguarding Trainer is Zara d'Archambaud (Headteacher). Staff also complete Prevent training annually.
Health & Safety
Karen Barker, School Business Manager is the Health & Safety Lead. She works alongside the Senior Leadership Team and the Headteacher to ensure children have a safe environment in which to learn. If you have a H&S concern please contact her or the Health & Safety Governor, Jen Last.